Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Well, I have been meaning to create a blog for quite a while, instead of emailing out updates for the adoption to those who have asked, and I finally made one. For those of you who know me, this was a big thing for me:) As far as an update, our dossier is currently in Ethiopia right now. I think the courts are closing from Aug. 14-mid September, due to the rainy season. They could close for up to three months, so this would be great if it's only closed 5 weeks! According to our America World group, some couples who had a DTE date (dossier to Ethiopia) the end of March are currently going to court next week. I'm excited for them, and that means we are about 2-3 months away from making our first trip to Ethiopia. If you haven't heard, they have changed the Ethiopian adoption laws, and Dennis and I both have to go for a week when the baby's case goes to court, then leave the baby, and come back 4-12 weeks later to get the baby. God has perfect timing, I know, I just have to keep telling myself that! Thanks to those who have been praying for us!

3 comments:

  1. Katie,
    I'm so glad you started this! I get updates through Lance from Dennis but this will be better for me! Good luck!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all choked up! I am so happy for you all. Our family will be praying for you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to have found your blog! This will be great to travel our journeys together!......even better if we are able to PHYSICALLY travel to ET together, huh?!?! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete